4 Bellas braved the horrendous head wind yesterday in the Quiraing 10k in Skye, myself, Scott, Emma and Andy. Scott was 2nd overall with a pb of 33.33, Andy was 3rd with a pb of 35.21, Emma won the ladies challenge in 39.45 and I was 3rd with another pb of 45.26. It was a great day out, a very friendly race, £1.50 for all the cakes you can eat and the added entertainment of a belly dancer…..just don’t ask!!!
Scott and I have had a deal on for the last 4 years that we could only drink the bottle of champagne he got for his club marathon record when we both got a pb in the same race……..at last!!!!
Well done to everyone to ran in the Bella 5k this year!! Prize winners and results below, or click here for the full 2008 results.
A huge thanks from me (Linda) to everyone who participated today, whether it be running or helping out. It was a huge success yet again and i’m looking forward to seeing everyone back in 2009!!!!
- 1st Male – Paul Sorrie, Shettleston Harriers, 15.28
- 2nd Male – Matt Williamson, Bellahouston Road Runners, 16.16
- 3rd Male – Sean Fontana, Victoria Park City of Glasgow, 16.26
- 1st Female – Michelle Hetherington, Helensburgh, 18.52
- 2nd Female – Emma Birnie, Bellahouston Road Runners, 19.15
- 3rd Female – Donna Finlayson, Victoria Park City of Glasgow, 19.29
- 1st Male 40 – Alastair Douglas, Victoria Park city of Glasgow, 16.50
- 1st Male 50 – Graham Crawford, Springburn Harriers, 16.52
- 1st Male 60 – Tony Hall, unattached, 23.10
- 1st Male 70 – David Murchie, Eastleigh RC, 23.40
- 1st Female 35 – Sarah Dowling, Bellahouston Road Runners, 19.56
- 1st Female 45 – Pam McKay, Broomhill, 19.58
- 1st Female 55 – Janie Hall, JogScotland, 26.35
- 1st Female 65 – Sallie Lloyd-Jones, JogScotland, 36.37
- 1st Male Team – Bellahouston Road Runners: 2nd Matt Williamson, 5th Scott Kennedy, 7th Colin McGill
- 1st Female Team – Bellahouston Road Runners: 2nd Emma Birnie, 4th Amanda Wilson, 6th Sarah Dowling
Also a huge well done to Emma Birnie and Andy Birnie (no fix honest!!!!) for winning places into the Great Scottish Run. And Colin McGill for his place in the Edinburgh Marathon or Team relay…….get training guys!!
Enjoy the race? Why not complete the Runner’s World feedback form (link)?
The Club’s 2008 Annual General Meeting is on 10th September at 8pm, at Pollokshields Burgh Hall (by Maxwell Park). Nibbles and drinks from 7.45pm.
Nomination form for committee positions is available on the club noticeboard. To stand for committee you need to have been a member for at least a year.
Bella 5k 17th August
Get your entries in now for this year’s Bella 5k. We reached our maximum number of 300 entrants last year so get your entries in now!!
2008 Entry Form
Yes, it’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for, the new schedule is here!
With this week being easy week, the new schedule starts next Monday. There are two main focus points within it: the Bella 5k and the GSR.
The sessions have been structured to offer a range of training from hard (e.g. for people focussing on HM training to complete the Club Championship criteria) to maintenance for people who are just coming off a hard racing period (e.g. for people who are doing a lot of hill races at the moment).
As usual, there will be a run option on a Monday evening, and the variation within the number of reps and sets should allow poeple to decide how many and what intensity is best for them.
Of course, should you want to discuss anything in the schedule or supplementary training then we will do our best to help.
Hope you enjoy the sessions,
This schedule uses preparation for the Glasgow HM in early September as its main focus, with sessions appropriate to preparation for lead-up races also included. Please note that any Monday sessions can (and probably should) be replaced by easy runs for those recovering from races in any of the previous weekends.