The club has been busy with cross-country events over the last few weeks, and with the last big race of 2019 the West District Cross Country Champs at Balloch Country park yesterday, we thought it was time for a results catchup!
At Balloch there were tough conditions with driving rain, a tough course and very muddy underfoot making for a a very challenging two loop circuit, Everybody who took part did well to complete the course. In particular, well done to:
- Catriona MacDonald for winning Bronze in the individual ladies race
- The Bronze winning ladies team of Catriona MacDonald, Louise Ross, Ann Robin and Isla McIntosh
- Grant Murphy led the Bella men home with a superb time of 34:11, helping our men’s team to 8th overall (out of 19).
- Our Masters women narrowly missed medals with 4th (out of 12), and our Masters men in 10th (out of 21)
- the Big Bella Bakeoff saw club members baking cakes galore for post-race treats. The overall winner was Isla McIntosh for her delicious Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes 🧁🏅😋
Well done to everybody who took part. For a taster of the day, Henry has put together a super video which you can find over on our facebook page.
A couple of weeks before was the Renfrewshire AAA Cross Country Champs at Gourock, and there were some great performances on a tough and hilly course. Some super pics over on facebook too. Well done to:
- Rhoda Yarmahmoudi for Silver for V50 Women 🥈
- Tony McParland for Bronze for V50 Men
- Allon Galbraith for Bronze for V60 Men
And on the weekend of our 10k, Louise Ross and Ann Robin were proudly sporting Scotland vests at the 2019 British and Irish Masters in Liverpool:
- Louise Ross and Ann Robin helped secure the Scotland V40 women team Bronze medal
Well done to everybody who took part in a cross country over the last few weeks: It’s amazing and inspiring to everybody at the club to see club colleagues we train with right through securing medals, but it’s every bit as good to see big club turnouts and everybody having fun in the process, and getting the most out of their club membership.
We’re really very grateful too to the many people who volunteer in order that these events happen.
Many thanks to Gordon Goldie for many of the pictures.