The club held a very successful training day on Saturday 17th November, for club members. A jam packed schedule, devised by our lead coach Gerry Scullion, included:
- Cross Country training session, led by Graeme Paterson. 6, 2, 2, 4, 2, 2, 6 minute efforts, with a 1 minute recovery.
- ‘Nutrition for Runners’, by Emma Birnie, a Dietitian and Sports Nutritionist
- Tips and discussions on good running form, and the club’s training sessions, with Gerry
- ‘Marathon Training’, by club member Bruce Carse, who went from a 3:44 marathon at his first attempt, to 2:35!
- ‘Running and Injury’, by Matt Williamson, outlining injuries, and how to reduce the risk of them, and how to aid recovery.
- Yoga session, led by club member and yoga instructor, Kelly Ludwig
And we’ve not even mentioned the free lunch!
We were ‘live streaming’ a few pics on our twitter feed @bellaroadrunner, some pics and tweets attached below from the day.
We’re really very grateful to everybody involved in making the day happen, particularly for those who led and spoke during the day. Many thanks to the 50 or so members that made it along through the course of the day, and we hope you found it useful and informative. All of the presentations are now available to members via the club forum.
Now former club president Emma is talking about sports nutrition pic.twitter.com/76r2Knqntk— Bella Road Runners (@bellaroadrunner) November 17, 2018