Club members should now have received formal notification of the club’s rearranged 2020 Annual General Meeting. We are hosting it virtual (using Zoom) on Thursday, 18th June, 2020. If you haven’t received the email, please check your membership, or contact the membership secretary – or another Trustee – if you’re uncertain. There is full copy of the agenda, and background to the AGM, on the club members’ forum.
For background, a full copy of the 2018-19 Trustees’ Annual Report and accounts is available, and (with addresses redacted) is available our website.
In summary, as well as a few standard AGM items, such as the financial update from the Treasurer, and the President’s report, the Board are proposing some important motions for members to review, discuss and consider, and cast their vote on:
- Reviewing and confirming our annual membership fees. This was scheduled to happen in any event, but the advent of the Coronavirus crisis means we wish to fully confirm with members.
- Supporting, in principle, relocation to a new training base within Bellahouston park
- Supporting and endorsing the Run Equal campaign, with a view to campaigning for full equality of gender at cross-country races. The Board proposes the club adopts the suggested Run Equal motions.
- Outlining the past and present relationship the club has with the Renfrewshire AAA, and how that may work in future.
- Supporting the efforts of the Board to engage with, and help creation of, a cross-country League in the West District of Scotland.
- Reviewing and approving the Board’s nominations for members to receive the title of “Honorary Lifetime member“
- Review any member submitted motions that are received (together with two seconders) on or before the 15th March, 2020
- Reviewing and appointing the Board of Trustees
We’re hosting this virtually due to the Coronavirus crisis. We are endeavouring to use practices from our own experiences from working-from-home, but we really want to make sure this works both as a formal meeting we need to host as part of our charitable status, but also as a fun way to come together.
Members who are unable to attend, but wish to be recorded in the Apologies, should contact the club secretary.
The Board look forward to welcoming members on the 18th April to engage with this important annual event for the club.