Our website news page has been a touch quiet over the last wee while, we’ve been busy at the club! Do check out our social media feeds (facebook.com/bellaroadrunner, twitter.com/bellaroadrunner) for the latest.
A couple of big highlights from the last month!
2021 President’s Cup
The President’s cup is a big part of the club year: It’s run as a handicap, with members setting off in time stagger relative to their estimated time. Theoretically, everybody should finish at the same time, and has a chance of winning, but there’s always a mix of circumstances to add a huge amount of fun.
Last year it was run virtually, but with the easing of restrictions and group size limits for organised activities, we were able to stage it ‘for real’ on the 13th June. Organised in a couple of heats, and members who weren’t running or volunteering, were able to support everybody out on the course.
Over 90 runners, spectators and volunteers stayed within Covid rules and had a fantastic time. And of course we can’t have a Bella occasion without plenty of cake afterwards!!
Tuesday 15th saw us hold our 2021 AGM, virtually on Zoom. Much as the President’s cup is a big part of the participation, the AGM is a big part of our governance. Member’s can access a recording of the AGM, the video featuring Leanne, Kevin and Richard, reflecting on the last 12 months, on the members’ forum. Our annual report is available on our public website.
Key outcomes from the AGM, all of which allowed members an opportunity to question and discuss elements:
- Finances and Treasurers report were accepted
- Club annual report from the President was accepted
- COVID Coordinator, Emer provided an update on our Coronavirus plan
- Membership secretary Susan updated members on our membership
- A motion to formalise virtual meetings and voting (per OSCR recommendations) was passed unanimously.
- Membership fees were retained at present rate.
- Our Trustees were approved for another year.
- We held an open discussion about local sports facilities at Nethercraigs, and associated issues.